Ada Health is a dedicated team of over 100 medical doctors, AI and data scientists, entrepreneurs, and engineers spanning Berlin, London, and Munich. Founded upon six years of ground-breaking research and development across medical reasoning, Ada launched in late 2016 with the mission to give everyone in the world access to high quality, personalized health information and care. We are a diverse team with global ambitions and we are always on the lookout for new talent to join us on our journey.
We are looking for a Senior Epidemiologist to work cross-functionally to support different departments (Clinical Evaluation, Research, Global Health Initiatives) with the definition and development of our strategic research objectives. Your goal will be to identify and shape key research needs, including identifying priority areas of interest, definition of research questions, and contributing to the design, execution and analysis of research studies in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders. You will be an ambitious self-starter with the ability to work independently and define goals which align with internal objectives and priorities. You will simultaneously work closely with external partners (e.g. clinical organizations, academic institutions, external advisors) to support the development and execution of research protocols and ultimately the dissemination of study findings. Your work will be key in shaping Ada’s impact in transforming healthcare globally.
- PhD (or comparable experience) in Epidemiology, Statistics or a related area
- At least 3 years professional experience in clinical, medical or public health related research. Understanding of epidemiological study designs and their practical implementation.
- Knowledge of statistical methods. Experience with at least one statistical analysis software (e.g. R, Stata, SAS, Python)
- Ability to work in a start-up environment - flexible and positive attitude, comfort with ambiguity, hunger to continuously learn and grow
- Ability to work independently as well as cross-functionally across internal teams (e.g. Clinical Evaluation, Global Health Initiatives but also Business Development and Marketing teams), and to communicate effectively within and outside the organization
- You have published peer-reviewed research and are familiar with the scientific publication process. You are able to communicate complex arguments in easy-to-understand language.
- You are excited about Ada’s mission
- Excellent English written and spoken skills (C1/C2) (Primary working language). C1/C2 level in German would be an asset
- Experience with digital health technologies or clinical decision support systems would be a nice to have
- The unique opportunity to work for one of the most exciting health startups in Europe, with a highly motivated and diverse team from all over the world
- Competitive compensation package and leave entitlements
- Free German language classes at the office
- Discounted membership to hundreds of health and sports facilities across Berlin
- Work in a sunny loft office in Berlin’s startup hotspot, Kreuzberg