Clinical Evaluation Director
Ada Health is a dedicated team of over 100 medical doctors, AI and data scientists, entrepreneurs, and engineers spanning Berlin, London, and Munich. Founded upon six years of ground-breaking research and development across medical reasoning, Ada launched in late 2016 with the mission to give everyone in the world access to high quality, personalised health information and care. We are a diverse team with global ambitions and we are always on the lookout for new talent to join us on our journey.
What you will do
We are looking for an experienced scientist to head-up a new clinical validation and benchmarking team at Ada. Your goal will be to lead a small but highly skilled team whose job is to evaluate the accuracy, safety, effectiveness, and cost-effectiveness of Ada’s products, sharing your findings internally and externally, and creating a continuous cycle of learning and improvement. You will develop our clinical evaluation strategy and design retrospective and prospective studies to enact it, collaborating with internal and external clinical and research experts. You will develop partnerships with top tier clinical research institutions and create a network of external research partners and stakeholders including health systems, hospitals, primary care networks, health plans, and academic research centres. You will work closely with clinical, commercial and marketing teams to support dissemination of evaluation findings, and will stay up to date on industry best practice. Your work will be key in shaping Ada’s impact in transforming healthcare globally. This a full-time role based in Berlin, Germany or London, UK.
- PhD or comparable academic experience.
- 8+ years experience leading clinical or medical research, R&D, or comparable activities.
- You have a working knowledge of statistical methods and have experience with at least one statistical analysis software (e.g. R, Stata, SAS, Python).
- You have published peer-reviewed research and are familiar with the scientific publication process. You are able to communicate complex arguments in easy-to-understand language.
- You have a demonstrated ability to lead teams strategically, build alignment, collaborate, negotiate and drive performance.
- You have a strong ability to manage multiple projects in parallel, prioritise appropriately and communicate effectively at all levels across and outside of the organisation.
- Flexible and positive attitude, comfort with ambiguity, hunger to continuously learn and grow.
- You are excited about our mission.
- Fluent in English (primary working language).
Nice to have:
- Experience in digital health, triage, or clinical decision support evaluation.
- The unique opportunity to work for one of the most exciting health startups in Europe, with a highly motivated and diverse team from all over the world.
- We believe in well-rested people doing concentrated and impactful work. No need to rush and burn out. We are in for the long run.
- Not a morning person? Need to pick up your kids from school? Work flexible hours that fit you and your personal situation best. A reasonable percentage of working from home is also possible.
- Receive a competitive compensation package and leave entitlements.
- Free German language classes at the office.
- Discounted membership to hundreds of health and sports facilities across Berlin.
- Work in a sunny loft office in Berlin’s startup hotspot, Kreuzberg or London.
Whether you think you totally fit this role or aren’t 100% sure about it yet, we would be happy to get to know you so we can find out together.